CPRE Somerset, the countryside charity, works hard for green spaces and rural communities across Somerset. We care about our countryside and campaign for it to be protected and enhanced for the ...
#2minute Litterpick Volunteer
We’re passionate about making the countryside in Somerset a better place for everyone to enjoy. Volunteering with CPRE is a fantastic way to help us champion environmental issues such as the climate emergency and plastic pollution.
As a 2 minute litter pick volunteer, you’ll remove litter from the green spaces in your local area on a regular basis. This volunteering role is very flexible and you can fit in around your everyday life and circumstances. You’ll be improving the appearance of the area and making it safer for wildlife, the local community and visitors. Don’t worry if you haven’t any experience, our friendly team will give you guidance about how to safely collect and dispose of litter. This is a great way of getting active in your community, improving your well-being and making a noticeable difference to the places that matter most to you.
We’ll provide you with all the equipment you need, and we’ll show you how to use it. You don’t need any skills or experience for this volunteer role, just be willing to get stuck in and give it a go.
We have set up an online group so you can keep in touch with other CPRE litter picking volunteers across the county. You’ll be able to share your stories, ideas, experiences and achievements and feel part of a wider community of volunteers.
We’re encouraging volunteers to sign Somerset Waste’s ‘Pledge Against Preventable Plastic’ to show that you’re committed to preventing single use plastics, reducing unnecessary packaging and clearing up litter in your area.
What you will be doing
- Collecting litter from green spaces in your local area
- Joining our online community, if you’d like to, for sharing your experiences, ideas and achievements
The skills you need
- An interest in the countryside
- Enjoy volunteering independently
- A hands-on attitude and self-motivation
- A willingness to heed safety advice
What's in it for you
- Make a positive difference to the countryside in your local area
- Spend time outdoors and improve your wellbeing
- Meet like-minded people online and enjoy being part of a bigger project