Reading and Story Telling Buddy
Do you enjoy reading aloud? Or even better, do you have the imagination to create your own stories to entertain someone? The people we support love a good story, you would be a real highlight in someone’s day, if you can spare a little time regularly to engage with a waiting audience.
What you can expect from Discovery:
* An organisation that values volunteers’ individual differences, interests and strengths
* A welcoming, supportive and positive volunteering atmosphere
* Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Discovery staff
* A comprehensive and personal induction to volunteering and your role
* Agreed travel expenses reimbursed
* An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
Exact days and times to be discussed.
We are Dimensions Somerset SEV – a new, social enterprise formed from a ground breaking partnership between Dimensions and Somerset County Council, together with customers, family carers and staff.
Discovery supports people with learning disabilities, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs. We are driven by our values. People with learning disabilities and their families are at the heart of everything we do and we want every person we support to have a great life, with excellent outcomes.
Visit www.discoverydayservices.org for the latest news and information about our day support